This recipe requires little preparation, is easy to create and is sure to please your entire family!
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) tenderloin (no strings attached!)
- 1 foie gras mousse
- 500 g puff pastry (if you are lucky enough to be in Calgary, simply pick it up frozen from Pascal’s)
- 1 egg
- 40g butter (3 Tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat your gas or electric oven to 450 F (230C). Place the beef tenderloin in your roasting tray, dot with butter.
- Place the beef in the oven for about 10 minutes, until half-cooked.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven, season with salt & pepper and leave to rest until lukewarm. Make sure you save all the delicious caramelized juices from the roasting tray!
- Coat the tenderloin with the foie gras mousse.
- Roll out the puff pastry, and place it on the lightly-oiled baking tray.
- Gently place the tenderloin on the puff pastry, and wrap it up. Avoid pinching the meat.
- Cut off the excess pastry and use it to decorate to your liking. Smear the egg yolk over the wrap.
- Place the wrap in your oven at 440F (220C) for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side dish, enjoy!
Recipe inspired by lacanche.com