Create your own yogurts with this easy recipe! This recipe uses the Lacanche multicooker (steamer unit).
- Plain Yogurt (basic recipe)
- 1 Liter of whole milk
- 1 Tbsp of lactic ferments or 2 Tbsp of plain yogurt
- For flavored yogurt (*)
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Natural flavor extract
- Fresh fruits (Berries)
- Start by heating up the milk in a pot over a low flame. Stop right before boiling.
- Remove and let cool until the temperature reaches 38-40C (100F). Add the ferment and whisk well. You can also add sugar and flavoring at this point.
- Turn on the multicooker to 30C (90F), the tank will automatically fill up to the first level (Steam). Place your cups in the perforated Gastro pan. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of jam at the bottom of each cup if you wish.
- Pour the milk / ferment mixture slowly into each cup. Be sure not to disturb the jam, or create foam.
- Cover each cup individually, either with a cap or a small square piece of plastic wrap.
- Place the gastro pan in the multicooker, cover with a lid and cook for at least 6 hours.
- When finished, let the cups rest overnight in your fridge.
Recipe inspired from lacanche.com